Curbside Leaf Collection
2023 Curbside Leaf Collection
- All streets north of Olive, and all streets off of Warson Road.
|November 7, 2023||November 20, 2023||December 5, 2023||December 18, 2023|
- All streets south of Olive and north of Old Bonhomme, including the north side of Old Bonhomme. Excludes streets off of Warson, South of Olive.
|November 8, 2023||November 21, 2022||December 6, 2023||December 19, 2023|
- All streets south of Old Bonhomme including the south side of Old Bonhomme.
|November 9, 2023||November 22, 2023||December 7, 2023||December 19, 2023|
- All piles must be out before 8:00 a.m. of the scheduled start date. Any piles put out after the vacuum has passed on a side will not be picked up until the next scheduled date.
- Residents who choose to place their leaves at the curb before the collection dates are asked to maintain the piles as close to the curb as possible.
- Republic Services will continue to provide weekly yard waste removal. Leaves and other loose yard waste should be placed in containers or paper bags at the curb before 6:00 AM. on Wednesday of each week. Be sure to check the list of approved containers by reviewing the Refuse Collection Guide.
- Every attempt will be made to maintain the schedule, but residents should be prepared for delays due to inclement weather. If leaves are put out after the final scheduled pass you can pay for a late pickup by contacting Hendel Lawncare at (314) 863-1420.
- Each section may be completed in one day or could take up to one week (7 days) per pass to complete depending on weather conditions and volume.
- Dates may change, or take longer to complete due to the weather conditions.
- The leaf vacuuming process will create dust and a small amount of leaf debris. The City and Hendel Lawncare are not responsible for dust on vehicles or other items of personal property.
- For fire and life safety issues, DO NOT pile leaves protruding into the street or on sidewalks. Leaves must be placed on the lawn side of the street and not onto the street. Leaves should be in open areas, and not under bushes, trees, or mailboxes to allow equipment access.
- Piles blocked with parked cars will not be picked up.
- Please remove rocks, bricks, glass, branches, and any other hard materials from your leaf piles. Leaves are collected with a special vacuum designed for leaves only. Other materials can damage equipment and/or cause injury to crew members if mixed in with leaves. Leaves mixed with other materials will NOT be collected.
- Spring leaf collection will be performed by the Wednesday yard waste collection service.
Please do not wait until the final pass to place leaves out for collection.
Please contact the Public Works Department at 314-993-0252 if you need additional information.
If you would like additional leaf collection services, please contact Hendel Lawncare at 314-863-1420 for free and scheduled information.
|Rake leaves to the curb by the night before your section start date.||Wait until the last scheduled pass to place leaves for collection.|
|Rake leaves to the edge of the curb.||Do not rake leaves into the street or in front of/around hydrants.|
|Keep your piles long and narrow; the equipment will reach only 6 feet into your yard.||Do not place leaves in plastic lawn bags.|
|You may cover leaves with a tarp to contain them during windy or rainy periods – please be sure they are visible to crews.||Do not allow children to play in leaf piles and do not park vehicles or leave other equipment in or around leaf piles (rakes, etc.)|
|On streets without curbs residents should place leaves at the edge of the street.||Do not place leaves in front of or next to storm drain inlets. Where possible leave a gap between leaves and the curb line to allow water to flow unrestricted into the storm drain inlets.|
|Place your leaves out for collection as early as possible. Waiting for the final collection pass can slow the collection process if there is inclement weather.||Please do not mix:
-Dirt or rocks
-Other yard waste