Planning & Community Design Commission (PCDC)
The Planning and Community Design Commission (PCDC) performs all duties of a Zoning or Planning Commission, including making reports and providing recommendations to the plan and development of the City.
In 2023, PCDC took up the task of updating Olivette’s Comprehensive Plan. This new plan will guide the future land use action of the City, impacting zoning ordinances, land use development policies, and decisions made by the Planning and Community Design Commission, Economic Development Commission, and the Board of Adjustment.
Stay up-to-date @ olivettecompplan.com
In 2006, PCDC adopted the Olivette Strategic Plan: Dynamic Sense of Place. The plan can be accessed via the following graphic:
Prescribed under Missouri law, the Commission performs all duties of a Zoning or Planning Commission, including making reports and providing recommendations to the plan and development of the City. The Commission oversees the implementation and updates to the City's Comprehensive Plan and Land Use Codes, including the Zoning Map, Zoning Regulations, Subdivision Ordinance, Floodplain Management, Sign Regulations, Stream Buffer Protection Regulations, Stormwater Management Plan, Community Design, Redevelopment, Fences, and Communication Towers.
The Commission also serves as the Board of Building Appeals. As the Board, the Commission shall interpret and hear the implementation or appeal of regulations regarding the City's Building Codes, including both the 2006 and 2015 versions of the ICC building codes. This includes the International Building Code, International Residential Code for one and two family dwellings, and International Property Maintenance Code.
Current projects include updating Olive Boulevard corridor design regulations and amending various sections of the City's Land Use regulations, including the City's zoning regulations as it relates to implementing the Olivette Strategic Plan.
- Rob Jurgiel, Chair
- Carol Waggoner, Vice Chair
- Jodie Rich, Secretary
- Bryan Lewis
- Daniel Rosenberg
- Tim Spiegelglass
- Olivette Residential Redevelopment and Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Petition for Community Design Review-Residential Home
- Petition for Community Design Review-Residential Additions
- Accessory Structures Petition & Handout
- Petition for Non-single family residential Development
- Petition for Land Platting
- Stormwater Inspections
- Chapter 400: COR Commercial Office Retail District (PDF)
- Chapter 400: LID Light Industrial District (PDF)
- Chapter 400: Off-street Parking (PDF)
- Chapter 415: Sign Regulations (PDF)
- Chapter 415: Sign Regulations in the COR District (PDF)
- Chapter 415: Sign Regulations in the LID District (PDF)
- Chapter 425: Community Design-General (PDF)
- Chapter 428: Community Design-Olive Blvd Corridor (PDF)