Step 2: PCDC Review Required
Interior building improvements and non-substantial exterior modifications to the building are exempt from Planning and Community Design Commission Review. Please note, special permitted uses may require authorization by the Olivette City Council.
Step 3: Submit For Building Permit
Prior to Requirements for a building permit include:
- Completed application for Building Permit.
- Associated fee based on estimated costs.
- 4-sets of construction documents prepared by a State of Missouri registered architect or engineer in compliance with the 2015 International Existing Building Code and 2015 International Building Code.
- Floor plan indicating means of egress.
- Site plan of the property illustrating the existing and proposed improvements.
Improvements altering fire alarm systems may require a separate permit for fire suppression.
Plans proposing modifications to an issued building permit must submit an addendum with the requirements previously mentioned.
A Demolition Permit may be required for deconstruction of structural improvements such as walls and ceilings.
Step 4: Inspections
The required inspections will be identified upon the issuance of a building permit. Twenty-four hour notice is required for inspections. Separate mechanical, plumbing, and electrical permits must be obtained through St. Louis County. Non-residential applications require a completion deposit to be paid upon the issuance of the permit in the amount of $500 or 10% of construction costs, whichever is greater, not to exceed $5,000.