Join the City of Olivette for the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day Saturday, October 23, 2021, at 10 AM CDT – 2 PM CDT at the City Center.
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2018 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 9.9 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
The DEA’s Take Back Day events provide an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths.
Join us at the Olivette City Center!
- Prescription Medication including controlled substances
- Over-the-Counter medications
- Any illicit drugs. (These substances can be turned over to the police department at anytime).
- Sharp objects, including needles, autoinjectors, etc. Please check with your waste disposal company to learn their procedures for safe disposal of these items.
- Liquids not secured in a leak proof container.
- Bio-hazardous materials.
- Glass objects, including thermometers or other medical devices.
- Aerosols, including inhalers.