With inflation causing more households to have financial concerns, Ameren Missouri is stepping up.
Ameren Missouri has added $1 million to its Clean Slate program, a program that helps eligible moderate-income customers clear their past-due balances and start fresh.
To be eligible for Clean Slate, customers must meet the following requirements:
- Household income up to 300% of the federal poverty level (income chart).
- For example, customers in a four-person household with income up to $79,500 annually are eligible to apply.
- Pay 10% of the past-due balance.
- Experiencing financial hardship.
- Have an active Ameren Missouri electric account that is past due, on a payment agreement or in need of reconnection.
Customers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to a community action agency before their balance becomes unmanageable and funds are exhausted.
Those local agencies, spread across Missouri, administer the Clean Slate program and determine eligibility. A full list of administering agencies is available at AmerenMissouri.com/CleanSlate or by calling Ameren Missouri at 800.552.7583.
In addition to the Clean Slate program, other assistance programs can help customers save money and manage their bills, including:
- Keeping Current: A payment assistance program that helps customers make paying their energy bill more affordable. It includes a monthly bill credit, along with help to reduce the total amount the customer owes.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): A federally funded program that assists customers with an income at or below 60% of the state median income level to pay their energy bills.
- Weatherization: A program for income-eligible homeowners and renters to make qualified, energy-efficient improvements to a home, including caulking, water heater jackets, weather stripping and insulation.
Clean Slate participants are often eligible for more than one assistance program. For more information about energy assistance options, visit AmerenMissouri.com/EnergyAssistance.
Ameren Missouri's Sensi Thermostat Offer
Ameren has teamed up with Emerson to offer consumers a special offer on energy-saving technology. Ameren Missouri customers can receive an energy savings bundle that includes both a Sensi smart thermostat and an Emporia smart plug for only $1 plus the required sales tax. These products help consumers use energy more efficiently while saving money. This offer is for a limited time only, so don't miss out!
The Sensi smart thermostat giveaway is just one component of Ameren Missouri's residential energy efficiency program. Customers can also save on heat pump water heaters, HVAC systems, and other products that use less energy. Find out more at AmerenMissouriSavings.com.